Your webOS Device is built to synchronize its time with long-dead servers, and you will find that the internal clock begins to drift. Usually this drift isn't enough to cause significant problems, but it can be annoying -- and fortunately, its easy to fix!
In 2018, the community figured out how to solve this permanently; webOS Nation member dkirker built a script to make it easy. The script has been renamed to make it easier to type on your device, but it is otherwise unchanged.
These instructions assume that you've completed the Shell Access steps, and are comfortable entering a few instructions into the command line.
Set Date and Time
- Launch the built-in "Date & Time" app
- Set the date and time to close to reality
- Set your Timezone
- Turn on Network Time
Run the Fix Script
- Launch Xecutah and click the "Start XTerm" button
- If you're on a TouchPad, tap on the screen with 3 fingers to open the keyboard
- Enter these commands:
chmod +x fix-ntp.sh
- When the script completes, the device will restart and the device will keep time properly.