There's no jailbreaking required, all the steps can be performed right from your device, using bits found in Preware. These instructions assume you've aleady completed installing the App Stores.
- Launch Preware on your device and wait while it syncs
- From the built-in Search feature, type: xecutah
- Tap in the Xecutah search result
- Tap install
- When prompted, confirm that the pre-requisite apps should also be installed
Launching the Shell
Although multiple apps will be installed, the only one you can actually use is Xecutah -- don't delete the other apps, they are used by Xecutah.
- Tap the Xecutah icon from the Launcher of your webOS device
- Give it a few seconds to startup
- On the Touchpad, you will need to tap with three fingers on the screen to bring up the keyboard
- Tapping again with three fingers will hide the keyboard again
clearat any time if the screen gets too full
- Try typing some commands:
lswill list the contents of the current directory
cd ..will move up one directory
cd /media/internalwill move to the Internal storage directory that you see when you connect your webOS device to a computer
Customize the Shell
The Tweaks App, and corresponding tweaks, all found in Preware, can be used to customize the shell, including reserving space for the keyboard so you don't have to keep clearing the screen.